IMU CET Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates and Admission :
Indian Maritime University is the sole body conducting the CET for selection & admission into various marine/Merchant Navy Courses. Common Entrance Tests for Admissions
All admissions to the various UG and PG programmes of the IMU and its Affiliated Institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year.
This year's CET is expected to be held in Month of November/December for Feb 2019 Batch.
No candidate shall be admitted to any Programme by an Affiliated Institute unless
(i) The Institute has valid provisional Affiliation for the programme from IMU and
(ii) The candidate has passed the IMU CET.
There will be aIMUCET common to all UG programmes.
There will be a CET common to the 2 MBA programmes; another CET common to the 2 M.Tech programmes; and yet another CET for the programme.
The results of the CETs are valid for the particular Academic session only.
Application Fee is Rs.1000 for General candidates and Rs.700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.
The Syllabus for CET for UG programmes will be Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and State Boards).
The Syllabi for the CETs for PG programmes will be as follows:
- For the 2 MBAs - i) Quantitative ability, ii)Data interpretation, iii) Verbal ability and iv) Logical reasoning
- For the 2 M.Techs - English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Mathematics and Engineering.
The questions will be of multiple choice type.
Candidates who are shortlisted based on CET scores will be called for Counselling at designated IMU Campus(es) and will involve verification of original mark sheets and certificates, physical fitness clearance, and allotment of seats in the IMU Campuses or Affiliated Institutes.
N.B Admissions to Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)programme in Affiliated Institutesare open only to 'sponsored candidates', i.e. candidates sponsored by Ship Owning or Managing Companies who qualify in IMU's CET for UG programmes.
COURSES OFFERED BY INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
IMU-CET is common entrance exam conducted all over India, for admission into Below listed Marine courses
- 1 Year Deck Cadet Course,
- 1 Year DNS Leading To Bsc Nautical Science,
- 3 Years Bsc.Nautical Science Course,
- 4 Years B.E Marine Engineering Course
- 3 Years Naval Artitecture Course
- 3 Years B Sc Ship Building and Repair Course
- 2 Years MBA Port & Shipping Course
Candidates want to get admission for any of these courses, Beside SPONSORSHIP TEST , have to appear and qualify IMU CET ONLINE Exam. For coming AUG Batch IMU CET online test will be held in month of May-June 2019.
CAMPUS OF INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY
Currently they have six campuses:
Kochi, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Mumbai, Kolkata and Kandla Port.
SELECTION PROCESS AT IMU
First University conducts a common entrance exam and then after those candidates who are selected are called for counseling or GD or PI as per the course applied. Candidates must make sure that, they comply with all the eligibilities.
IMU CET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Following are the eligibility criteria: DNS course-
A) 60% (PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th class
B) B.Sc (Any of these Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Electronics) passed candidates with 55 % marks.
C) B.tech candidates with 50 % in English.
Note: Candidates applying for DNS, needs to have passport before the admission.
2) B.Sc- 3 years- 60% (PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th Class. For B.Sc in Ship Building and Repair only 50% in PCM.
3) B Tech Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture - 60%(PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th Class. 2nd Year lateral entry candidates should have pursued Marine or Mechanical or Naval Architecture or Electrical in diploma.
4) PG Diploma in Marine Engineering- 50 % in B.tech/ B.E course or program.
5) M Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- 60 % in B.tech in Mechanical /Civil Aeronautical/Marine/ Naval Architecture.
6) MBA- 50 % with any stream.
7) LLM (Maritime Law)- 50% in any law degree.
PHYSICAL FITNESS FOR IMU COURSES
Candidates who are applying for all these courses needs to comply with medical standards of D.G Shipping. And they have to go through a medical examination, before appearing for the counseling. One can see all the latest guidelines about medical standards www.dgshipping.com.
AGE CRITERIA FOR IMU CET
A candidate who is in General category needs to have age not greater than 25 years at time of applying. For reserved category students like SC/ST and PD- Not more than 30 years of age.
Reservations of Seats
For SC candidates- 15% Quota.
For OBC candidates- 27 % should be part of Non Creamy layer.
For ST- 7.5 %
For DA candidates- 3 %
Note: Any candidate who is applying for the reserved category should have valid caste certificate as per government of India.
IMU CET EXAMINATION PATTERN
Total number of questions-200.
Time Duration- 180 minutes or 3 hours.
Mathematics - 50 Marks
Physics - 50 Marks
Chemistry - 50 Marks
General Knowledge - 25 Marks
English - 25 Marks
General Aptitude - 25 Marks
Our specially prepared Study-Material for IMU-CET helps you a lot in the Preparation for IMU-CET & Sponsorship Test 2019. KNOW MORE
APPLICATIONS FORMS FOR IMU CET Aug 2018 Batch
Date of Availability: In the Month Of Apr 2019
Mode of Application: Online for Sponsored Candidates/ Offline for Non-Sponsored
Date of CET: In the month of May-Jun 2019
Course Commencement: 1ST Aug 2018
Fee for Forms: Rs 1000 for General candidates and Rs 700 for reserved category- with Bank Challan.
HOW TO FILL APPLICATION FORMS
Form will be filled online and candidates have to enter all the details there only. Link for filling form will be available at the imu portal. In the end candidates needs to enter the bank details.
After application form is complete, a printout needs to be taken and should be attached with documents (See Below). All documents needs to be put into an envelope and needs to be sent to
Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University,
East Coast Road, Uthandi,
Chennai – 600 119
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR IMU CET EXAM
These documents should be attached with application form
1. Reserved category certificate like SC, ST etc
2. As an age proof attach high school passing certificate or whatever that has date of birth.
3. 12th class passing certificate. Pursuing candidates needs to provide it during counseling.
4. Provisional degree in case candidate has passed graduation.
5. Other documents, if needed.