The three year B.SC Nautical Science is a course which is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, and IMU-Chennai. The course is to become the Captain of the ship. The B. Sc Nautical Science Course is a three years residential programme, structured into Six academic semesters. Fees & Expenses - B.Sc. Nautical Science. Fees & Estimated Expenses for the 3 year Nautical Science Course (Rs.10-12 Lacs) FOR 2018 BATCH.B.SC. Nautical Science - Eligibility, Fees, Colleges and Prospects. What is Nautical Science?
B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCE Test 2018 Latest Notification / Admission News:
B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCEDeck CadetCourse- Know More
Deck Cadet Selection INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY CET 2018 - Know More
B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCESample Paper FREE Download-Download-Now
Preparatory 2IMU Books for2018 Batch- (AMAZON &Flipkart). Buy Online
IMU-CET (B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCE) Coaching–Register-Now
B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCESYLLABUS & Books 2018 -Download-Now
Deck Cadet Course 2018 (IMUCET & Sponsorship Mandatory) - Apply-Now
Deck Cadetcourse2018 - Exam Dates, Application Form, Books – Download-Now
IMU-CET Coaching Classes for FEBURARY 2018 Batch- Register-Class
B.SC NAUTICAL SCIENCEONLINE Registration 2018 – Register-Online
B.Sc Nautical Science Course Structure & Admission Details
B.Sc. Nautical Science Course - 3 Years
B.Sc. Nautical Science (3 Years) Course 3 years B.Sc., (NS) Course consists of 6 semesters and exams are conducted by Indian Maritime University, Chennai. After passing the exams the cadets will be awarded B.Sc., Nautical Science Degree by the (IMU) Indian Maritime University, Chennai.
Eligibility Criteria – B.Sc. Nautical Science
Eligibilty criteria for admission to B.Sc.(Nautical Science).For details
- Age:Unmarried candidates of less than 25 years of age, as on the 1st of August, in the year ofadmission will be eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded on the applicants SchoolLeaving Certificate will be considered for this purpose.
- Marital Status: Only Unmarried candidates will be considered
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or itsequivalentwith : at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
- Physical Fitness:The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards(Please,Refer the link Medical Requirement from the menu-B.Tech Marine Engineering).The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage.
Note : Candidates for the B.Sc. Nautical Science course must have 6/6 vision in both eyes without spectacles.
- Candidate should have Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics
and Chemistry with a PCM aggregate of not less than 60% or
- Candidate possessing B.Sc.in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics
with an average of not less than 55% of marks in the finalyear and with Physics
as individual subject in one of the year or
- Candidate possessing B.E./B. Tech . Degree from I.I.T or from a college recognized by AICTE.
All the above should have English language as a subject, at either 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree/ Diploma course , conducted by the Board or any University
with not less than 50% marks.The Cadet can become a Captain of the Ship. Career path below shows the progress of a candidate. Eligibility: Candidate should have Passed in HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separatesubjects with a PCM average of not less than 60% or
- Candidate possessing B.Sc. Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of theyear, with an average of not less than 55% of marks in the final year or
- Candidate possessing B.E./B. Tech. Degree from I.I.T or from a college recognized by AICTE
Sponsorship: Sponsored Candidate are those who have been selected/Sponsored by any approved shipping company for On-board Training/Cadetship after qualifying Test/Interview/Medicals.
Maximum 25 years of age as on 1st of January or 1st of August.
Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
Candidates have to Qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the Mercantile Marine
Department before being finally selected for the course. They should have 6/6 in each
eye without visual aids and should be free from colour blindness